How to Hire the Best AI & Machine Learning Engineers
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) engineers are quickly becoming crucial for any company looking to secure a spot in the data-driven future. In reality, we have already entered this world, meaning any organization not utilizing the technology in some way is at a disadvantage.
The world’s major tech companies are dedicating entire departments to AI research, or completely buying out AI startups to implement into their organizations. But it’s not just companies like Google, Facebook, and Apple that are applying AI to their data. Companies of every size are using AI to innovate their business models. Through the use of AI and machine learning, your company can extract deep insights from all sorts of data, and this can open up brand new doors of opportunity.
If you want to begin implementing AI into your organization, the most important thing to do is bring on the best AI and machine learning engineers.
But what exactly does an AI or machine learning engineer do?
AI engineers are becoming incredibly important throughout the modern economy as various sectors increasingly implement AI technologies. They can be responsible for many different tasks, but there are a few key responsibilities you should expect:
- Leveraging techniques associated with AI reasoning and uncertainty to establish and achieve objectives.
- Analyzing systems with AI to monitor and control projects.
- Applying machine-learning concepts to problem-solving tasks.
- Developing intelligent algorithms capable of learning, analyzing, and predicting future events.
- Drawing business insights from AI algorithms, which in turn are used to make business decisions affecting the entire organization.
While qualified AI and machine learning engineers are in demand, making it challenging to secure them, there are many resources that make the process easier.
In this article, we’re going to take a look at two of the top platforms on the market for recruiting and sourcing AI talent.
Let’s take a look at how to use these platforms to hire the best AI and machine learning engineers:
The best option for hiring AI and machine learning engineers is Turing, which provides their AI-backed Intelligent Talent Cloud to help source, vet, match, and manage the best remote software developers across the globe. Used by some of the world’s top companies like Pepsi, Dell, and Coinbase, the platform leverages global sourcing, intelligent vetting, extensive matching, HR/payments compliance, and automated on-the-job quality control.
Turing does an excellent job of making the remote hiring process easy for both companies and developers. Companies can hire pre-vetted, highly-qualified remote software talent that spans across more than 100 skills. The process only takes 3-5 days.
The Intelligent Talent Cloud relies on AI to vet, match, and manage over 1.5 million developers around the world, saving companies a ton of time and resources as they construct an engineering team in days.
Here are some of the top features offered by Turing:
AI-backed Intelligent Talent Cloud
More than 1.5 million developers worldwide
Helps construct engineering team in days
Pre-vetted, highly-qualified talent
100+ skills among talent
2. Source Developers With Toptal
One of the best ways to ensure you hire the top AI and machine learning engineers is to source developers with a platform like Toptal, which connects companies to the top 3% of design, development, project management, and finance talent around the globe. For companies looking to hire AI and machine learning engineers, you'll want to focus on Toptal developers, which offer services in comprehensive development, machine learning, AI, and blockchain.
Since its founding in 2010, Toptal has served over 6,000 customers in various industries. Some of the biggest names the company has brought on as clients include AirBnB, Bridgestone, Walt Disney, HP Enterprise, JPMorgan Chase, and Zendesk.
Toptal relies on an intensive screening process to source talent, and the entire process typically takes 0-3 weeks. Its global talent network consists of remote freelancers that pass through this screening process. Toptal then selects from this talent network based on your needs before passing it along to your company. Your company can then interview the selected talent and decide if it's worth moving forward.
To make sure Toptal sources the best talent for your company’s needs, you’ll be asked a series of discovery questions:
- What’s driving you to hire talent?
- What type of skill sets do you need to hire for?
- Are you interested in developers, designers, finance experts or all?
- How soon do you need to hire and when would you be ready to onboard talent?
- What’s your budget?
Best of all, Toptal enables you to hire teams on a hourly, part-time, or full-time contract basis.
3. Source AI talent with Manatal
The Manatal platform simplifies the whole hiring process by suggesting the best candidates for a given job while automating redundant tasks.
It's AI Recruitment Software is designed to source and hire candidates faster. Tailored for HR teams, recruitment agencies, and headhunters it is simple to use yet powerful.
The simplicity means there is no steep learning curve, it is easy to customize a recruitment pipeline based on your process with a slick drag-and-drop interface. You can also easily overview your recruitment progress in one single-board view.
Scale your recruiting efforts quickly, some of the features include:
- Share your job openings on 2,500+ free and premium channels, including local, global, and specialized job platforms such as Indeed, LinkedIn, Monster, CareerJet, JobStreet, and many more.
- Manage all your sponsored job advertising campaigns from a single platform.
- Matching recommendations: Score candidates' profiles based on job requirements to facilitate your screening process.
- Candidates' profiles enrichment: Enrich candidates' profiles with LinkedIn and other social media data for better matching recommendations.
- Collect insights beyond resume. Manatal AI Engine browses the web in search of data on 20+ social media and public platforms to automatically enrich candidates' profiles.
Benefits of Recruitment Tools
There are many benefits to recruitment tools like Manatal, and they can help you find the best AI and machine learning talent while saving time and resources. These tools help keep the quality of talent high, and they can detect certain skill sets that will benefit your company. This means you can focus all of that time on other areas of the company, such as the actual interviews and job preparations.
Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons why you should choose these types of tools to find AI and machine learning engineers:
- Improves Accuracy: Tools like Manatal rely on data that can result in better hiring decisions. A lot of inaccuracies and mistakes in the hiring process come from human-error, which are decreased through these tools.
- Saves Time: As we already mentioned, AI talent sourcing tools save a lot of time that is taken up by filling out paperwork or searching for talent manually. These manual tasks are passed off to the tools, and all you have to do is decide if the talent presented to you is a good fit for the company.
- Cost-Effective: These tools save a lot of money that is often needed for manual hiring, and this is one of the major benefits of using them. You do not need to keep reinvesting or maintaining recruitment software. With their pay-as-you-go model, these tools are a great choice for small- and medium-sized businesses who need to improve their recruitment process while maintaining a budget.
- Consistent: Lastly, these tools are consistent. This is crucial as increased complexity in the recruitment space means manual recruitment is less reliable. You tell the tool exactly what you’re looking for, and it will bring it back to you in the form of talent.
What we recommend:
If you want to source highly qualified machine learning engineers and to do so quickly then we recommend Turing, this highly vetted service is designed for companies that simply want to hire the best in the world on a hourly, part-time, or full-time contract basis. This service is more expensive than most, but it is the best way that we know to recruit a highly qualified team both quickly and efficiently.
If you are not worried about hiring the best, but you want to use an AI tool to simplify the recruiting process than we recommend manatal.