Artificial intelligence (AI) is being increasingly implemented across artistic fields like music, film, and other forms of art. When implemented, it can impact every aspect of the music-making process including music generation, audio mastering, and music streaming.
Another great opportunity provided by AI is that it gives amateur musicians an innovative way to improve their creative process. The music industry, just like many other industries, is using AI as a supplemental tool rather than as a replacement for human artists.
Many experts, researchers, musicians, and record labels are seeking new ways to integrate AI technologies into music. Some software can produce works in the style of different composers, while others use machine learning algorithms to generate brand new songs and sounds.
Another great aspect of these tools is that many of them are open-source, meaning anyone can access them and begin improving on the existing technologies.
Let’s take a look at some of the best AI music generators on the market:
1. Amper Music
Topping our list of best AI music generators is Amper Music, which is one of the easiest AI music generators to use, making it a perfect choice for those looking to get started with AI-generated music.
Amper does not require deep knowledge of music theory or composition to use, as it creates musical tracks from pre-recorded samples. These are then transformed into real audio, which can be modified with music keys, tempo, individual instruments, and more. For example, you can tune the entire instrument to fit the mood or vibe you are trying to achieve.
The cloud-based platform is a great choice for content creators or individuals looking to develop soundtracks and sound for games, movies, or podcasts. With the premium edition, you have even more options that supplement you as the artist.
Here are some of the main advantages of Amper Music:
- Quickly create music for a wide range of applications (podcasts, movies, and video games)
- Millions of samples and many varieties of instruments
- Tools for improving music production
- Cloud-based platform
Another impressive AI music generator that always receives attention is AIVA, which was developed in 2016. The AI is constantly being improved to compose soundtracks for ads, video games, movies, and more.
AIVA’s first publication was titled “Opus 1 for Piano Solo,” and it has also released an album and composed music for a video game. The tool enables users to develop music from scratch, and it can help produce variations of existing songs, all without having to worry about music licensing processes.
With AIVA, you can easily generate music of many genres and styles by first selecting a preset style. When it comes to current music, you can use AIVA to apply edits.
Here are some of the main advantages of AIVA:
- Many presets and specified music formats
- Functional free version
- Ability to edit soundtracks
- Modify existing tracks
Soundful leverages the power of AI to generate royalty free background music at the click of a button for your videos, streams, podcasts and much more.
The entire process is designed to be intuitive, simply choose a genre, customize your inputs and create your tracks. Repeat until you find the track that is right for you. It's that easy.
Most importantly the music is unique, Soundful's algorithms are taught note-by-note alongside some of the industry's most exciting producers and sound engineers – and since they're music theory trained one-shot samples, Soundful's AI will never replicate a song that already exists, or even one from its own platform. Users can start with over 50 templates from different genras.
The platform effectively matches the content needs of the following 3 types of users:
- Producers – Never get stuck creatively again. Generate unique tracks at the click of a button. When you find a track you like, render the high res file and download the stems.
- Creators – Stop worrying about copyright strikes and start discovering unique, royalty-free tracks that work perfectly with your content.
- Brands – Stop overpaying for your music. Soundful offers an affordable way to acquire unique, studio-quality music tailored to your brands needs
4. Ecrett Music
Ecrett Music enables anyone to generate clips of music by training on hundreds of hours of existing songs. The tool’s straightforward interface and large selection of scenes, emotions, and genres makes it a great choice for amateurs and professionals alike.
The AI music generator allows you to compose music for any video or game, and it comes with a royalty-free music generator to avoid any issues with licensing.
To use the tool, you first select at least one option from Scene, Mood, and Genre before clicking “Create Music.” The tool then creates the music based on your choices, and you get different music every time even when using the same settings.
You can also customize instruments and structures with just a few clicks. Some of the instruments include Melody, Backing, Bass, and Drum.
After you have created music with Ecrett, you can then manage it with Favorites, Download History, Video Upload, and more.
Here are some of the main advantages of Ecrett Music:
- Trial version before subscribing
- Straightforward and comprehensive user interface
- Simple music creation process
- Multiple subscription plans
One more great option for an AI music generator is Soundraw, which enables you to customize a song with AI-created phrases, among many other things. The tool relies on the combination of AI and its assembly of manual tools, all of which enable you to generate and customize new music with ease.
The platform has a customization feature that allows you to improvise and tune a single piece of music. While free users can use the music generator to create music, you must subscribe for unlimited downloads.
Here are some of the main advantages of Soundraw:
- Easy to use
- Combines AI compositions and manual tools
- Plug-in compatible with Google Chrome and Premiere Pro
- Unlimited downloads with subscription plan
One of the tools playing a key role in expanding access to music generation and lowering the barrier of entry into music production is Boomy, which enables you to create original songs in seconds. You can then submit those songs for the potential to earn streaming revenues from various services, which makes it a very unique tool.
After you set a few filters and click “Create Song,” the tool’s creative artificial Intelligence writes and produces a full song in seconds. You will then have the option to reject or save it. And as you follow this process, Boomy’s AI develops a personalized profile for you to help create the best music.
Here are some of the main advantages of Boomy:
- Free and subscription versions
- Submit music to earn revenues on platforms like YouTube and TikTok
- Access to many features and functionalities
- Personalized profile
With over 170,000 curated audio loops, Loudly's advanced playback engine combines, warps, and follows chord progressions in real time. Loudly's unique blend of expert systems and generative adversarial networks ensures musically meaningful compositions. Collaboration between Loudly's music team and ML experts fuels their success.
Easy to use tool that will create AI-generated songs in a matter of seconds:
- Build your song: Select genre and other options to make your music unique.
- Generate tracks: Get new music tracks fast and listen to your creations.
- Save and download: Select the ones you like, add to your library or download immediately.
Here are some of the main benefits of Loudly:
- Easy to use
- High-quality output
- Multiple subscription plans (including a free one!)
- Rapidly evolving
With side-chain compression, advanced synthesis, flexible signal routing, and more, WavTool offers the ability to record, compose, produce, mix, master, and export all within the browser.
WavTool's Conductor AI takes plaintext English and explains concepts, makes suggestions, and guides you along the way to make your music-making as frictionless as possible.
Conductor can guide you through the process, provide recommendations, and make changes directly in order to make your music sound its best.
Getting started is easy, use WavTool's Conductor AI to create beats, suggest chords, or generate melodies to get your process started.
- No installations or downloads needed
- Offers recommendations
- Instant changes to your music
- Record, compose, produce, mix, master, and export
9. Amadeus Code
Closing out our list of best AI music generators is Amadeus Code, which can be used by any music enthusiast. The IOS-based app allows you to create new melodies in a matter of minutes.
Amadeus Code relies on an AI engine that contains chord progressions of some of the world’s most famous songs. You can then use these to create new structures of music compositions.
The AI music generator also allows you to use gestures to create brand new songs or recreate specific segments of previously composed songs. You can export audio and MIDI files to audio editing software, but you must purchase all of the songs you want to keep.
Here are some of the main advantages of Amadeus Code:
- Can be exported as audio and MIDI files
- IOS-based app
- Create new melodies in minutes
- Use gestures to create brand new songs
- The Black Box Problem in LLMs: Challenges and Emerging Solutions
- Alex Ratner, CEO & Co-Founder of Snorkel AI – Interview Series
- Circleboom Review: The Best AI-Powered Social Media Tool?
- Stable Video Diffusion: Latent Video Diffusion Models to Large Datasets
- Donny White, CEO & Co-Founder of Satisfi Labs – Interview Series