Conversational AI is becoming increasingly popular as companies try to provide better customer service and reduce response times. Conversational AI refers to technologies that allow machines to have human-like conversations. It is designed to recognize voices and understand text messages. Conversational AI works in tandem with other technologies like machine learning, natural language processing, dialogue management, and speech recognition. Conversational AI continuously evolves and improves as it learns from the data it receives.
Conversational AI has been a game changer in improving customer experience and boosting employee engagement. Customer satisfaction is the benchmark for measuring the performance of any company. Utilizing conversational AI can provide customers with a more personalized and seamless experience and increase their satisfaction rates. Similarly, deploying conversational AI solutions across company-wide systems allow employees to make connections, understand each other and reduce friction.
Improving Customer Experience
Conversational AI saves time as customers do not have to navigate complex websites alone as they can directly communicate what they need through the instant text messaging feature on the website. Besides that, the presence of conversational AI eliminates the need for long phone calls with tedious wait times. Often, the customer is frustrated with the wait time and abandons the brand altogether. As such, many companies use conversational AI bots that can talk to customers about their general queries. The customer is in touch with a human agent if the bot cannot tackle a complex query. Chatbots are machine learning tools that become more efficient and intelligent as they gather more information. As such, customers are happier as their queries are handled quickly and more efficiently by the support team.
Research demonstrates that customer satisfaction rates are 3 times higher after implementing AI. With AI, the customer satisfaction journey is improved in several ways – by tracking conversations in real-time, leveraging intelligence to monitor speech patterns, language, and profiles to predict customer needs in the future, and providing feedback to agents. AI can also match customers with specific agents based on their needs and issues.
- Reducing Wait Times – Conversational AI can reduce customer wait times, one of the biggest sources of frustration for most customers. A recent survey suggests that over two-thirds of customers are unwilling to wait for more than two minutes for customer support. After two minutes, they start giving up.
- Meeting Customer Expectations – Businesses can provide customers with great customer support service by using conversational AI. The chatbots can immediately address customer queries and automatically pass them on to agents when needed. With changing customer expectations, companies can provide customer support using the right technology.
- Consistent Customer Support – This means that the customers expect the same level of support every time they reach out to you. Conversational AI can remove mundane and redundant tasks to improve consistency across your organization.
Therefore, companies can provide a more customized, real-time experience to their employees. This automatically increases customer satisfaction.
Improving Employee Engagement
Conversational AI provides several benefits for employees, like fostering meaningful connections and improving engagement and productivity. Employee engagement has become one of the priorities for business owners, especially after the pandemic when employees cannot communicate directly with each other. Some of the benefits of conversational AI for employees include the following –
- Employee Feedback- Chatbots can receive and ask for employee reviews during a conversation. It is more likely that employees will be honest knowing that there is a bot (not a human) on the other side. This honesty can help identify any sources of problems that employees face and offer real-time solutions quickly and more efficiently.
- Better Transparency – Chatbots are designed to simulate human interactions. Using chatbots across the organization improves transparency. The employees should know that they are engaging with a chatbot. Employees should know that the organization is trying to reduce their workload by automating mundane tasks. Chatbots can be implemented for various HR functions, ultimately improving communication between HR departments and employees.
- Reduce Stress – Chatbots can improve the overall employee experience by reducing stress and inconvenience, giving easy access to relevant information, and centralizing communication. Chatbots work efficiently to simulate human conversations, especially how they reach out to employees, gather information, gauge their level of satisfaction, alert them to upcoming events and take their recommendations/suggestions for improvement.
- Improve Productivity – With the deployment of conversational AI in more straightforward standard queries, employees can focus on more critical tasks that add value to the company instead of answering the same repetitive and tedious questions. This keeps the employees motivated to work every day while challenging them to perform better.
Having happy and satisfied employees and customers is vital to the success of any business or organization. As demonstrated above, conversational AI can play a crucial role in providing better customer support while also improving employee engagement and productivity.
- Neural Networks Learn Better by Mimicking Human Sleep Patterns
- 7 “Best” AI Translation Software & Tools (November 2022)
- Conversational AI Is Making Customers and Employees Happier. Here’s How.
- Electricity Helps Find Materials That Can “Learn”
- Lack of Trustworthy AI Can Stunt Innovation and Business Value